Hello everyone, my name is Caroline Dunn. I'm from a small town south of Houston very close to the coast called Lake Jackson. I'm a sophmore nursing major here at TCU and couldn't be happier. English is definitely not my strongest course and I have lots of room for improvment! I come from a family line of hardcore aggies and I just couldn't see myself in College Station and that's what brought me to TCU. I love the small personal enviroment and enjoy the Fort Worth area. If I was Chancellor of TCU the very first thing I would change/improve on would be the parking lots. I would add much more accesible parking lots or even a parking garage. Parking here is a little ridiculous. I'm a strong believer in that what makes a good teacher is someone that can connect with you and understand you as a student. I also think that if the student understands where the teacher is coming from makes class a much better enviroment. If I could go to dinner with any three people tomorrow I would go with my cousin who passed away that I never got to say good bye to, Marilyn Monroe, and Angelina Jolie. The last two for obvious reasons:) Three things that I think you should know about me is that I love good food and hate diets, I love diets and I hate it when people smack their gum or food! Three things I'd like to know about the class from this blog is where everyone is from and their hobbies. I chose to take this course because it is required, but I hope to become a better student, better reader and writer. I don't really read much but I love to read good books that are made into movies and compare the two. Writing just scares me and the only form of it that I do is through email or facebook and it is never formal. I'm definitely not a strong writer so I'm not really confident in any of the papers that I've ever written. From this blog I hope that it lets you get a peak into my life and learn a little bit more about my experience I've had with english and writing. This blog is simple and straight to the point and I strongly believe that is just the kind of person I am. When choosing the colors for this blog I didn't want to do something too bold at first because like I said I'm never confident in anything I write so I chose olive green because it's one of my favorite colors and does not tend to stand out as much. That should give you just a little clue on my style as a blog author and my future participation in this course.
I have fully read, understood and agreed to the syllabus.
Hey! I’m Courtney and I would have to agree with you on having dinner with Angelina Jolie. I think she is great! You can go look at my blog for more specifics of course but I am from Katy, TX, which is on the North East side of Houston. Some of my favorite hobbies include movie watching, swimming, and cooking! Since you say you love food, I was wondering if you liked to cook or not.
ReplyDeleteHey Caroline! I'm Ashley! I completely agree with you that there need to be more parking spaces on campus, because it's just getting ridiculous and it's too hot outside to walk everywhere! I also love food, like you do, and was wondering what your favorite food is? And my hobbies include dancing, cooking, and sleeping and I am also from Katy, TX.
ReplyDeleteHey I'm Ecrider! Ya my dad and brothers all went to A&M. I don't like diets either. I agree with you on the parking situation. A parking garage is a wonderful idea! I don't read much either. That's interesting that you are simple and straight to the point just like your blog!! You are pleasantly honest about you troubles with english class! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete